It is June.
Pretty soon, the kids will be out of school and you will be jetting off on your summer vacation.
As you plan, prep, and pack, you might also be taking care of things like:
- Putting a stop on your mail and newspaper delivery.
- Tossing food which will expire while you are away.
- Arranging pet care.
- Adjusting the air conditioner.
Of course, you should not forget about lawn and garden care for your landscaping.
Unlike tabletop appliances and mail delivery, your estate landscaping is a living entity. It must be tended to while you are away.
With that in mind, here are some landscaping tasks Lawrence Park Complete Garden Care will handle; so you can enjoy a worry-free holiday.
Regular lawn care – even when you are not home – will benefit you in a variety of ways:
- Maintains that neat, attractive look for your home.
- Creates the appearance that your home is occupied.
- Prevents weeds from infesting your lawn.
- Ensuring your grass is healthy enough to handle the summer heat.
There are other advantages too.
For example, should bare spots caused by animal activity suddenly appear on your lawn, we can restore it while you are away.
That way, you will come back to the same lush, green, and pristine lawn you always expect to see.
According to the Old Farmer’s Almanac, here is the expected summer forecast:
- Summer will be hotter than normal, with rainfall below normal in Southwest Ontario. The hottest periods will be early and late June, early July, and mid-to-late August.
Conversely, one of the most common concerns homeowners have before going on vacation is ensuring their plants are watered.
- Is the temperature expected to rise significantly while you are gone? We can adjust your sprinkler system to give your plants more water than usual.
- Will there be heavy rain? We can modify your sprinkler system to prevent overwatering and/or flooding.
By having us monitor it during your holidays, you can rest assured it will do exactly what it needs to.
As mentioned above in this blog, summer is going to be very hot.
That can do a number on the colourful plants and flowers which populate your garden. If the temperature gets too hot:
- Plants could wilt and die.
- Illness or disease could spread amongst your plants.
- Topsoil could lose the vital nutrients your garden needs to thrive.
As you are relaxing on your holiday, our garden care service delivers reliable and thorough attention to keep it looking its best:
- Shrubs or bushes becoming a bit overgrown? We will prune them and make them neat again.
- Weeds popping up in your garden beds? You will not see them when you return from holiday.
- Topsoil looking old and weak? We will spread a fresh layer for you.
Like many homeowners, you may decide to clean your home, top-to-bottom, before starting your vacation. That way, you will come back to a tidy and orderly home.
Should not the same be done for your garden?
You can take a vacation, but your garden cannot
When you need to get away from the city, you can.
When you want to spend a week or two at a tropical resort, you can.
Unfortunately, your lawn and garden cannot. It must remain here and be exposed to whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
By having us tackle the jobs listed in this blog while you are away, your garden will continue to look good, be healthy, and remain the envy of your neighbourhood.
Before starting your vacation, contact us with all your landscaping needs. We will get back to you quickly to answer every question you have.