Why settle for a job when you could have a career?
We’re always looking for good people with specific skill sets and positive attitudes. People who either are -– or want to become – experts in their field and are interested in furthering their careers through training and certification. Relevant post-secondary education is essential for some positions but for others, what matters is experience, attitude and a willingness to learn.
Click below for information on:
We are currently hiring for the 2017 season.
- IRRIGATION TECHNICIAN (RESIDENTIAL)
- LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION FOREPERSON
- GARDEN MAINTENANCE CREW
- GARDEN MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT FOREPERSON
- GARDEN MAINTENANCE FOREPERSON
- LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION CREW
These positions are full-time but seasonal. The season begins in March or April and ends in November or December (depending on the weather). During peak periods, you will have to work some Saturdays.
Qualities and qualifications we’re seeking:
- A passion for horticulture, a love of working outdoors and pride in a job well done
- Self-motivated, friendly, showing team spirit
- Physically fit and able to perform heavy labour
- Must be able to lift at least 27 kg
- Mandatory G2 or G driver’s license and a clean abstract
- Previous relevant experience is preferred (using line trimmers, push and self-propelled mowers, blowers, hedge trimmers, etc.)
- Experience using heavy equipment would be an asset
- Supervisory positions must demonstrate knowledge of plant identification and plant care
- Increased vacation time and/or increased holiday pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental and therapeutic services
- Compensation perks such as profit sharing and gratitude bonuses for service excellence
- A friendly and motivated work environment
- A supportive, safety conscious work culture
- Emphasis on professional development and career progression
- Fun after hours activities throughout the season
- Giving back to our local community, voluntary participation in events like Arbour Day, park clean ups and Habitat For Humanity